Saturday, June 07, 2008

India

INDIA-2
Hey everyone, so we have been here for two days now and have gotten to see some pretty interesting stuff. Yesterday, we went to the Hanuman temple (who is the monkey god). We walked around inside the temple and just observed people worshiping, it was really strange, there was just this darkness there that is indescribable and those who have been know what I am trying to talk about. There was an urgency and everyone was just trying to get through quickly. There were gurus sitting around in this trans, and they would offer advice to people who needed it. Idols littered the walls and people would stare and touch them with the hope that they would receive a blessing. It was a dark and empty place filled with people who are desperately seeking.
I say this all not to paint a negative picture of these people but to try to paint a picture of the reality of what it is like to be in a country that is not only controlled by this religion but oppressed, and it overflows into every aspect into their culture. They are a beautiful people full of disparity, just like you and I.
I love this place and can't wait to tell people what we are seeing.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shelby-Jean said...

Wow. I got a pretty good picture in my head of what it might be like there. Good job explaining, and amazing picture! Tell Ally I said I love her! I know God will reveal so much to your team, it'll be rad to hear about it!

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, would it be possible for you to post some of me and mike's engagement pics...kinda super anxious...glad you are having fun in india.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Courtney Hunter said...

hi ty...its good to hear that you are doing well!...keep up the updates and i will keep you all in my prayers...remember what i told you about julie : ) (tell her i miss her!!)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Tyler, i'm a good friend of Julie W, she directed me to your blog. i really like your pictures! and i really like india. my dad is from there, and my whole family spent christmas 06 there (mostly in the south, but we traveled north for a few weeks) i envy you greatly! (by the way, what kind of camera do you use?)

1:42 PM  
Blogger treverhoehne said...

wow....ty that is amazing. you need to do a travel photography book. love ya bro

10:12 PM  
Blogger Aaron M. Williams said...

Tyler, namaste! Man I'm so excited that you are in India right now and I can't wait to talk to you about what you thought about it all when you get back.

PS-Next time you venture to NotJustParantas at N Block market, could you take a picture for me? I miss that place...

2:23 PM  
Blogger Aaron M. Williams said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Aaron C. Broadus said...

I'm so glad you have a picture of zac ... that makes me happy

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home